R4H formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working to assist the Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. R4H’s vision: “To ensure healthcare reaches everyone everywhere”.
To accomplish its mission, R4H wishes to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Programme Manager. The qualified person must be able to show leadership, potential to manage sample transport processes and work effectively with a diverse group of people. He/she will be a member of the senior management team.
Reports to: Country Director
Role description: Program Manager
The purpose of the post
Working with a strong local team, the Programme Manager will be responsible for overseeing the R4H programmes, the resource mobilisation and providing strategic direction for the R4H Programme. He/she will supervise a growing team that is spread across the country. He/she will be responsible for Quality Assurance, overseeing and supporting both data management and quality assurance activities, and improvements across the organisation.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Program Management
- Ensure procurement, user training and deployment of appropriate equipment for sample transport (human and animal samples)
- Ensure adherence to laboratory health safety practices when handling samples in the sample transportation system
- Ensure sample transportation activities are in line with international and local regulations i.e. IATA, UN, WHO and local regulations
- Facilitate communication to stakeholders
- Identify, develop and maintain standard Operating procedures (SOP) related to sample transportation.
- Provide technical expertise, leadership, and mentoring to staff, partners and customers on sample transportation.
- Work on Accreditation of the sample transport program.
- Manage the relationship with the clients and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure proper implementation of Health Care Waste Management through adherence to appropriate regulatory frame work local & international, biosafety & biosecurity, logistics standards.
- Ensure data quality for the Sample Transport program
- Ensure quality training is done to R4H staff on sample management
- Develop and maintain quality improvement programs and protocol within sample transportation.
- In collaboration with the M & E Manager, prepare quality and timely project reports
- Support Sample Transport Coordinators in day to day management and support of field staff.
- Support resource mobilization efforts – work closely with the Resource Mobilization Lead
- Strategic networking and marketing
- Conduct donor research and assessment
- Provide technical support in program development as appropriate
- Support the Human Resources Manager in staff recruitment and induction of programme staff
- Line manage a team of staff based in Lilongwe and our regional offices
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, Provide HR support for the team under his/her management with appropriate employment contracts and other relevant HR documentation in place for all staff at all times
- Support the resolution of any HR issues that arise within the Program team
- Conduct regular staff appraisals for direct reports provide timely feedback on staff performance
- In collaboration with HR Manager, support direct reports who line manage people in HR Management
- Ensure that all staff he/she line manage receive the necessary training for their individual roles
- Ensure and encourage teamwork and team spirit through the facilitation of proper communication, removal of barriers to communication and the creation of a working environment conducive to premium performance
- Communicate effectively with the Country Director and the whole R4H team including relevant specialists and/or department heads as appropriate.
- Facilitate signing of partnership contracts
- Ensure the specific policies and procedures in your area of work are adhered to
- Ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that all legal, compliance and statutory requirements are met on a timely basis, including audits
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Laboratory or its equivalent from a reputable and recognized university, a Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in the Health sector with 3 years at Management level
- Knowledge of laboratory standard operations both at local and international level.
- AITA qualifications will be desirable
- Excellent written skills with proven ability to write and edit a range of materials suitable for different audiences
- Able to process and analyse complex information and present it in the most appropriate format
- Conscientious approach with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- A high level of personal organisation, able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A team player and natural leader comfortable with making difficult decisions
- Highly motivated by and committed to the vision and mission of Riders for Health
If you fill you are suitable and qualified for the position, please send your applications including Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae and Academic Certificates as one document to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date 16.00 hours on Friday 28th January, 2022.
R4H is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.