R4H formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working in Malawi to assist the Ministry of Health in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. R4H’s Vision: “To ensure health care reaches everyone, everywhere.”
R4H wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill 1 Position of Sample Transport Courier to be based at Chiradzulu District Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sample Transport Courier will be responsible for the following:
- Collecting samples from health centres and delivering them to the laboratories for testing using motorcycles while adhering to set standards.
- Liaising (working together) with the laboratory and health centre staff to ensure that test results are returned back to the health facilities in a timely manner
- Data entry of all samples and results transported in R4H online platform using a tablet and ensure 100% submission compliance.
- Motorcycle management including daily checks, fuel management and updating of the motorcycle logbooks
- Resource mobilisation activities for R4H
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least five MSCE ordinary level passes including Mathematics and English
- Defensive Driving Certification
- A clean class A driver’s license. (Motorcycle)
- Data entry proficiency using online data collection software
Basic First Aid practitioner qualification is highly desirable. Applicants MUST be residing or should have resided in Chiradzulu District for a significant period.
All applications should be submitted to The Administrator, Chiradzulu District Health Office, P.O Box 21, Chiradzulu. Or sent to the following email address: email@example.com along with CV, copy of a valid, driving/riding license and cover letter. The closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 13th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“R4H is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. R4H is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable people and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted