R4H (formerly known as Riders for Health) is an NGO working to improve healthcare delivery in Malawi. R4H has been working with Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. Since 2011, R4H has been working in healthcare logistics, transporting clinical samples and results, undertaking healthcare waste management, and road safety training.
R4H seeks to fill the following open position of Procurement Officer to support the upward trajectory of the organization.
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports To: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Direct Reports: None
Purpose of the position
The Procurement Officer is responsible for R4H ‘s procurement and disposal of asset function. The Procurement Officer is responsible for Processing procurement documents to ensure that procurement is executed in accordance with R4H policies and donor regulations as well as procurement best practices.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher education qualification from accredited university in relevant subjects (e.g., procurement management, supply chain management and purchasing)
- Member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- At least 3 years work experience in a public or an NGO environment in a procurement function, including significant field operations experience supporting national-level programmes
- Substantial experience in procurement, supply chain and inventory management.
- Experience in procurement management and understanding operational environment of the cooperating partners, health public sector, NGO and private sector
- Self-starter, effective team player with demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude and commitment towards work
- Should be able to coach and train non-Procurement staff
The detailed Job Description for the above listed position can be downloaded at:
Please send a cover letter and CV with copies of your certificates as one document to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, 30th June 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
R4H is an equal-opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age or disability.