R4H formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working to assist the Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. R4H’s vision: “ensuring healthcare reaches everyone everywhere”.
To accomplish its mission, R4H wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced and dedicated individuals to fill the position of Finance Officer (1). The qualified person must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
Position: Finance Officer (1 position)
Reporting Line: Finance Manager
Supervision: Junior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Lilongwe
The purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will oversee the day-to-day finance operations of the organization including checking of payment vouchers, liquidation files, bank reconciliations, monthly close-up activities and updating of financial data in the financial management system.
- Checking of payment vouchers once processed by the junior finance officer
- Checking weekly postings of financial data posted in sage pastel
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are prepared before the 10th of the following month and submitted to the Finance manager for authorization
- Checking of donor reports as prepared by the junior finance officer
- Reviewing of weekly cashflow report
- Ensuring that all payments from donors are followed up and updated in the payment tracker
- Management of external and internal audits
- Checking of the payroll prepared by the junior finance officer and submitting to the finance manager for approval
- Ensuring adherence to statutory requirements under NGO board and regulatory authorities such as MRA, TEVET
- Checking and ensuring stock and asset verification is conducted on a regular basis
- Checking the fixed asset register and sending to the finance manager for review.
- Provide report on property insurance on stipulated renewal periods
- Implementation of internal controls and provide detailed report on findings
- Assist on administrative work as may be assigned by the finance manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or an equivalent related professional qualification
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a Finance /accounting position
- Excellent mathematical and accounting skills
- Knowledge of donor regulations and global finance principles
- Experience in managing audits
- Understanding of internal controls
- Self-starter, effective team prayer and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- High levels of integrity, honesty, strong ethics but also a quick
- Must have ability to work against tight deadlines in a multi-donor and multi-program environment.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae and Academic Certificates as one document including the names and contacts details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employee, or any previous employer from the recent past) to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date 16.00 hours on Friday 14th October 2022.
“R4H is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. R4H is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable people and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted