R4H (formerly known as Riders for Health) is an NGO working to improve healthcare delivery in Africa. It was founded in 1989 to address neglected development and health, transport, and logistics. In Malawi, since 2011, R4H has been working in healthcare logistics transporting clinical samples and results, undertaking healthcare waste management, and road safety training. R4H increases access to quality diagnostic and other health services, working in 764 health facilities from all 29 districts in Malawi.
R4H seeks to fill the open position of Finance Intern to support the upward trajectory of the organization.
- Role Description:
- Title: Finance Intern
- Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
- Period: 6 months
- Reports To: Senior Finance Officer
- Key Responsibilities for the Role:
- Assisting in capturing and compiling financial reports.
- Scanning of payments vouchers and other documentation for reporting and filing.
- Preparing monthly VAT reports and quarterly claims form MRA
- Capturing data in Sage Pastel
- Ensuring payments and liquidations have sufficient documentation. e.g., payment receipts, reports etc.
- Organizing and filing of Payment Vouchers to ensure the documents are referenced and filed sequentially.
- Managing the Finance register making sure documentation that is submitted to Finance if logged in and tracing any misplaced documentation and following up with the officers responsible.
- Check that all assets have been tagged and recorded in the asset register.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in accounting or its equivalent. A bachelors’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Excellent organization, communication, and administrative skills.
- Able to work well within a team.
To apply for the available position, please send a motivation letter, CV, and copies of original certificates (originals will be required at the interview level) as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. R4H retains the right not to make the appointment and will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. The closing date for receiving applications is 17:00 hours on Friday 17th November 2023.
R4H is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, or disability.